Mr. Robert K. Wright, 5th Grade Social Studies
Minnie Ruffin Elementary School
Room 15, (318)322-3447 Ext: 4644
Today’s Lesson Objectives – December 7, 2017
The Lesson Plan: (What we will do in class today)
- Students will watch the CNN 10 News Video as a Bell Ringer.
- Students will watch the video “Why did Pilgrims Come?”
- Students will read the document “The Puritans and Pilgrims Came to America.”
- There will be a discussion on the difference between a Puritan and a Pilgrim.
- Students will take the open-text quiz on the reading.
Lesson Standard: (The objective of today’s lesson)
5.3.4 Compare and contrast religious groups that settled colonial America and examine the role of religion in colonial communities.
Bonus Homework: Answer this question online by Midnight on Thursday, December 7, 2017. “In what way does the Algonquian Response Letter contradict Champlain’s account?” (Contradict means to state the opposite)
ACCESS CODE: A3A8